· Illinois State Military Museum
· Historian and Proviso East High School teacher Jim Opolony
· The Illinois State Military Museum unveils a display of photos, diaries and personal items of the men from the Illinois National Guard’s 33rd Tank Company. The company was federalized as Company B, 192nd Tank Battalion in December 1940. Ultimately, the men would be part of the infamous Bataan Death March, one of the most brutal episodes of World War II. Jim Opolony spearheaded an oral history project to document the story of the Soldier from the Maywood unit. He will tell the stories of courage, valor and humanity of the Soldiers of B Co.
· 2 p.m. Jan. 19
· Illinois State Military Museum, 1301 N. MacArthur Blvd, Springfield, Ill., 62702, two blocks north of the intersection of MacArthur Blvd. and North Grand Ave.
· Admission and parking are free.
For additional information, please contact the Illinois State Military Museum at 217-761-3910.
Become our Facebook Fan!