2019 Dead in Decatur International Film Festival - Nov. 1 & 2
In the spirit of Halloween and the Day of the Dead season, we'll be celebrating with spooky films, filmmaker presentations, games, and related vendors.
Dead in Decatur, in cooperation with the Decatur Area Arts Council, presents the 2019 Dead in Decatur International Film Festival on Friday, November 1, 6 p.m.-midnight and Saturday, November 2, noon-midnight at the Madden Arts Center, Decatur, IL.
Five feature films, in addition to nearly 60 short films, have been selected from more than 240 submissions from independent filmmakers in the genres of horror, sci-fi, fantasy, and tokusatsu. Submission were received from 34 countries representing six continents, with approximately half the total coming from outside of the United States.
The Dead in Decatur International Film Festival was created by local filmmakers and artists, including festival organizer Zach Tindell. "We are committed to supporting independent filmmakers and exposing local DIY filmmakers to a larger audience, as well as educating, entertaining, and inspiring the Decatur community," says Tindell.
In addition to the vast array of entertainment available, there will be informative discussions and activities presented by individuals with experience in the field offered throughout the weekend.
· 1-2 pm - Special Effects Make-Up - Jake Mckinney-Schmidt
· 2-3 pm - Women in Horror: Icons and Role Models - Angie Barry
· 3-4 pm - Making Classic Genre Films in Today's Modern Landscape - Christopher R. Mihm
· 4-5 pm - The Art of Cinematography - Derek Huey
· 6-7 pm - The Art of Acting in a Genre Film - Kathrine Beauchamp
· 7-8 pm - Distribution & Technology: How to Get Your Project Seen - Ash Hamilton
· 8-9 pm - Regional Horror and the Lost Art of the Local Favorite - Marc Girdler
· Special Effects Make-Up Tutorial - Jake Mckinney-Schmidt
· Various of board games to play - Provided by "Games for Troops"
· Game Event on Sat., Nov. 2 - Hosted by "Writermonkey Games"
· Vendor Tables; Rusted Icon Designs, Christopher R. Mihm (filmmaker), Dark Soul Studios, Derek Huey (cinematographer & podcast host)
Tickets are available online at www.deadindecatur.com or at the door. Advance weekend passes are $20 per person, with single day passes available at the door for $10 on Friday and $15 on Saturday.
For more information, contact the Decatur Area Arts Council at 217-423-3189 or firstname.lastname@example.org.